Some of the veggies that we have for our 6 week extending program are: spinach, beans, beats, cabbage, carrots, lettuce, peppers (green, red, white), kale, leek, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, and so much more! The veggies are hand-picked and washed each Wednesday morning and are always ready to be picked up mid-afternoon.
All of us at Our Father’s Farm enjoy doing this program so much. We all hope that you will consider joining our CSA program. The final date that we will be doing our program for this year is November 6th. After that date, it gets too cold for our veggies to want to make their appearance.
For you to enjoy, have a recipe to make using our veggies.
The Tangy B17 Beet Salad:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- ½ tspn of Bitter Apricot Kernels (ApriSpice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 peeled, small-dice apple
- 1 small-dice roasted beet
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Treviso radicchio
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 1 ounce)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the olive oil, vinegar, shallot, and mustard in a large, nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine. Add the diced apple and beet and toss until well coated in the vinaigrette.
- Add the radicchio and blue cheese and season with ApriSpice salt and pepper. Toss to evenly combine, taste, and season with additional salt and pepper as desired.